of Families against Injustice (FAI) is to provide a platform for families. Giving families knowledge about the criminal justice system allowing them to be engaged,
empowered and informed about Maryland prisons.
of FAI is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for the formerly incarcerated,
their impacted families and concerned citizens to voice their concerns, anxieties and frustrations around the issues of incarceration. This is done by holding monthly group meeting and inviting various guests from the
area of criminal justice.
The Goals of FAI
1. Educate each family member about incarceration in Maryland prisons.
2. Provide enrichment to instill pride and confidence in families and those incarcerated, formerly incarcerated.
3. Direct everyone to the necessary services needed for the family and the offender or ex-offender.
4. To encourage participation and discussion of issues relevant to substance abuse, re-entry and recidivism.
5. Bring awareness to the DOC officials, politicians, and the public concerning issues of those incarcerated.
6. Provide open dialogue for everyone.
7. Create a learning environment for everyone.
8. To help those that participate in the work of the organization understand the importance of the family, and the role
they play in the re-entry process. Then develop transformation strategies through
9. To help participants understand the Change Process where they fit on the continuum, and to help them evaluate and
explore their life situations while developing strategies that create a positive direction in their lives.
· Self awareness
· Prison Impact
· Family & Relationships
· Stress Management/ Anger Management
· Re-entry process